SIRI Won't Be Wishing You A "Happy New Year."

I've finally decided to enter 2012... Today I got a personal iPhone (a 4S) , having been solely using the work one for the past year.

The work one, though, is a refurbished iPhone 4. Seeing as it is "refurnished", the the lens for the camera is scratched. Which means it doesn't take clear pictures. Still, it was a free phone. So I couldn't complain. Especially when most other people had Blackberry handsets. (YUCK!)

A few people have asked me why I went with the 4S when the new iPhone 5 is just days away from coming out. Perfectly logical question. Here are my reasons:


  • I didn't want to have to replace the accessories (speakers, chargers, etc) that I already have because of the new pin on the 5.
  • Once the iOS 6 is released next month, the 4S will pretty much have the same functionality as the 5. The only noticeable difference will be the size, weight and camera pixels on the new 5.


So seeing as this is my first 4S, this is naturally my first interaction with voice search and SIRI. And while she impresses me, I have made one observation...

SIRI isn't culturally aware of the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah.

Twice I attempted to send an email to my girl friends to meet up with them for a drink this evening to celebrate the Jewish New Year, and twice SIRI kept insisting that "Rosh Hashanah" was "Russia Shawna."



Because of this, I had deduced that SIRI that just wasn't down with the Jewish New Year. But then I asked her the following:

"On January 1, 2013, wish me 'Happy New Year.'"

This is what the little betch responded with:



REALLY? The little betch has been holding out on me! Clearly it comes down to my pronunciation of the words.

It's not SIRI. It's me.

Comments

Ira Kates said…
It's either pronunciation as you said, or Siri is anti-semetic
Me said…
It HAS to be my pronunciation.

There is no way she could be the latter.

Popular Posts