Cardamom Buns: Awakening The Sleeper.

It is my mission to learn how to bake Cardamom Buns before the end of this year.

The past few mornings I have started my days by heading to a cafe, Democratic Coffee, down the street from my hotel. 

They have the pour overs and various espresso drinks you can find at lost of places (Scandinavia is serious about it's coffee)... But the lure for me to come back each morning has been the Cardamom Buns.


Golden and sticky on the outside. Stretchy, sweet, and nostalgic on the inside. 

I have no idea why I feel cardamom is a "nostalgic" spice for me... It just is. It doesn't bring to mind anything nostalgic, just a feeling of superior intellect and warmth.

Seriously, that's what I think of when I think of the taste and scent of cardamom.

Anyway... I am taking on a goal of learning how to create these things. My aim is just to make a recipe that is halfway edible. Perfection is not the goal. 

I mean, I don't expect to be able to knot the dough so perfectly. Far from it. But the taste? I am hoping to get that in range...

And controlling the Universe.

Comments

Popular Posts