Craving A Moodier Kitchen.

"It's the most impractical fridge you can get."

That's how I describe the bright orange, tall fridge that is strategically placed in a weird spot in my very old kitchen. The cabinets are new. As are the appliances. 

But the exposed brick wall... The milkman delivery door in the wall next to the microwave...  And the wood floors... All over 80 years old.

But the fridge... It is probably the width of what they would have had originally in this kitchen back then.


It holds almost nothing. And I don't even buy that may groceries! And... I am a single person household. Yet... It barely holds enough cans to support my Trader Joe's Sparkling Water addiction for two days.

(I go through about 6 cans of sparkling water a day.)

The only things in the freezer portion are ground chicken and brown rice - which is what I buy in bulk to make George's food a few times a week. 

I think there are trays of ice in there... But I don't really use ice.

I developed an infatuation with the fridge a few years before I bought it. The bright orange color and rounded retro feel... It was expensive, and did not have nearly the bells and whistles of a typical fridge. But it was colorful! And I had to have it. 

Sure... It took about two months to be delivered.

But I adore it. Even still.

In fact, if I had to replace it, I'd probably replace it with the same thing. 

And now I find myself wanting to redecorate around it again... Changing the navy tiles out for perhaps a bright yellow or white. And painting the ceiling a dark gray. 

Maybe Railings by Farrow & Ball.

I want a moodier kitchen. Which, yeah, is hard to do with a bright orange fridge. And I run the risk of having it feel campy and Halloween-y.

But that is just an accurate description of my personality.

So the math maths.

Comments

Popular Posts