Establishing (My) Trust: Absolutely No Religious Figures Or Putting Me In A Mental Institution.

"You know, you could probably reopen your divorce settlement and have it restructured. It sounds like you were very generous when you left."

I was.

That was intentional.

This was what an attorney told me last year when I began exploring pulling together an update on my progress of my Trust and Will.

I ended up not moving forward after that consultation with them... But picked up the effort to establish my trust and a will here in Arizona last month.

This counsel only mentioned that I could potentially claim the salary of my ex-husband for social security benefits when I turn of age, since I was married for so long.

I've tucked that information away for when that time comes.

But she has made the process of pulling together things smooth. I signed the paperwork this week...

It was a costly adventure. But I was walked through everything that needed to be considered, and I feel good where things have landed.

My dog must not be put down by the person who gets her for the reason of treatment being costly. 

My health care agent (the trustee) can not have me committed to a mental institution for psychiatric care or permit any limbs to be cut off to save my life.

My body is to be cremated, and no funeral is to take place. (I have yet to determine what to do with my ashes.)

Absolutely no religious figures are to be brought in to provide guidance or religious services.

My organs are to be donated, if they can be.

An autopsy may be performed.

Those are the high lights.

The overall tone is that all my shit gets divided up equally between my nieces and nephews, and they are entitled to it after they reach the age of 25.

I guess having a proper will and trust now makes me an adult.

But I still feel like a teenager.

Comments

Popular Posts