A Master Of Side Quests.

I have a disdain for the linear. My mind forces me to live my life in a series of side quests. 

I'm an expert at finding them, navigating them, and then continuing back to the main storyline. 

I thought about this while sweating through a 30 minute yoga sequence in the sauna.

The infrared sauna was the best investment of the past two years.

My yoga journey has been a side quest. Teaching it is a side quest. It has nothing to do with my main focus - whatever that truly is. I've always chosen for the practice and the teaching to be side quests I go on from time to time.

Traveling was a side quest. If I added up all of the traveling I have done in the past 10 years - for pleasure - it would be just over a continuous year.

Jobs have been side quests... I've technically worked at seven companies for a few weeks here and there in the past 10 years... And two companies for long stretches.

Are those my main story? 

Absolutely not. 

They're part of it. But not the key thread running through everything.

I'm still following that string to understand it all. There is no core though.

My mind doesn't function that way. It lives for the random side quests.

A collection of them. 

They are what make the whole.

Comments

Popular Posts