Culinary Juxtapositioning: Tots.

My food preferences have a broad range. 

Taco Bell and dry red wine to a dry florally champagne (Perrier Jouet) I will eat with Cheetos on New Year's Eve every year.

Except for this year.

This year, I made tots. With caviar.


Ossetra caviar.

I'd envisioned making a "poutine" of sorts with the caviar originally. But soggy fries with creme fraiche and caviar clumps seemed "meh."

But tater tots... Air-fried extra crispy... Were perfect.

And with the dry champagne I buy every year for the evening to drink in front of a wood-burning fire...


I ate them at 5pm. Drank two coupes of the champagne... Then froze the rest to be used for baking or cooking. The fire burned till past 9pm. But I was in my bed watching War Games by 8pm. 

And asleep before 10:30pm.

A dream of an evening.

And I have caviar left over, despite buying the smallest tin available. Supper this evening was a lemony-buttery thin-noodled pasta with with caviar...


Tomorrow's supper may end up being eggs scrambled with creme fraiche and topped with the rest of the caviar.

Comments

Popular Posts