New Summer Ritual.

This weekend was a "stay home and sit outside as much as possible" kind of weekend.



A cocktail while lounging by the pool is a favorite pastime. But not just on balmy days like we had this weekend.

Year round.

It's, again, one of the reasons I moved back to Tucson.

Soon, though, it will be hot... And sitting outside will require a fan or lounging in the pool under the umbrella.

Which is an activity I am committing to doing far more than I have in the past few summers.

Similarly to not having gone swimming in the ocean the entire five years I lived in California, I have maybe swam 12 times in my pool in the four years that I have had it. 

I've used it as a cold plunge in the cooler months more than I've swam in it.

And I really need it to not be a $37k cold plunge. (Because that is what it cost me to install it.)

So the goal for May through the end of September (but really, in October the end of summer should October 31st) is to sit outside on my patio for an hour every day and sit in the pool for a few hours each week. 

I'm already planning to have a ritual of a cocktail while lounging every Friday through Sunday.

It's time to start enjoying the life I manifested. 

Comments

Popular Posts