The Secret To Yoga Class Timing? The Wine-Drinking, Red Meat-Eating, Red Lipstick-Wearing Yoga Teacher.

There are actually a lot of us out there. 

The ones who don't give a shit about the spiritual side of yoga as it is typically portrayed... Who eat meat... Drink a few nights a week... And who wear skulls on their tank tops and smear crimson on their lips to teach a class.

Most days, all I wear is this lipstick. Even while working.


I follow my instincts in style. And with teaching class. And with eating... I prioritize protein and fiber these days.

If I get at least 100 grams of protein in me, and 30 grams of fiber... I eat whatever I want the rest of the day.

Though, after a week of chaotic travel and long work days... I have decided I need to also prioritize water intake into things. At least 70 ounces.

And I try to get all of this in me by 1pm each day. Which leaves me free to drink the wine at supper. And eat red meat.

But back to teaching yoga... 

My ego has been tremendously fed lately with teaching. Classes are usually a good size. And I get compliments every class. (Not about the lipstick, though.)

"I learn so much in your class!"
"I really needed that push of knowing how to advance the posture. Thank you for that!"
"Thank you for ending class on time. So many teachers go over!"

That last one I have experienced a lot in Tucson. Teachers seem to struggle with timing here. 

The teachers that keep the room slightly too hot... Avoid red meat... Don't wear makeup... And maybe don't drink (but I'm not gonna judge them for that one - just hoping they don't judge me)...

Maybe if they did at least one of these, they would get the compliments too.

Or at least be able to end class on time.

Comments

Popular Posts