Passive-Aggressive Notes Are Awesome.

When I come home in the evenings, I get off the elevator to my 6th floor apartment. I share the floor with three other residents... All 20-somethings.  Either they must be doing really well for themselves... Or mommy and daddy bought their places for them.

Why am I bringing that up?  Well...  It - I believe - is an example of the lack of maturity of some of them. Well, one person in particular.

At least a few nights a week, when I get home, as soon as I step off of the elevator, I am overwhelmed by the fragrant notes of a marijuana storm.  As I walk the few feet from the elevator to my apartment, I can easily tell which apartment the scent is coming from...  And it's the guy who lives across the hall from me.

Usually, he is in there smoking and spinning records.  He's a DJ.  And he does very well for himself. Works very hard, and also has a business installing sound systems.

Once I get into my apartment and close the door, I don't hear his music or smell the weed. So I have no problem with what he's doing. Quite frankly, I think it's awesome. Not something I would do... But good for him.

Well, apparently I am the coolest (and oldest) person with this... Because one of my other neighbors has a huge issue with this.



Yeah! Passive-aggressive notes always work!

I kind of feel like I should go over to Jenna and let her know that the guy whose apartment the smell is coming from also happens to be THE CONDO BOARD PRESIDENT!!!

So... Her complaint would be going to the guy with whom she has the problem.

Good times.  High times.

Comments

bikramyogachick said…
OMG. The fact that he's the board president is hilarious! Poor Jenna. She'll just have to suffer her contact highs.... :)
Elisa said…
I don't know if that counts as PA. That seems pretty outright aggressive to me! She signed her name, after all. Good for her, even if she was too dumb to know the pothead was the board president.
Cara said…
I am impressed that she signed her name. But I don't think it's passive agressive is it? She offered a solution and to talk about it before she went to....um, well him! lol
Me said…
I considered it passive only because she knows - we all know - who is the person smoking the weed (it always shows up along with the loud music.)

There is no way she would think myself or the other guy on the floor are the ones smoking it. The other guy lives directly across from her. And she and I are friendly.

She just doesn't want to confront him and be a curmudgeon. In fact, if she weren't being "passive", she would have not written a note at all... And instead knocked on each door the moment she smelled the smoke to find out who it was. Instead, she leaves a note stating she is going to report the offender.

Definitely "passive." Definitely "aggressive."

Popular Posts