I Like This Place Too, Mrs. Mallard.

Confession: I've never read "Make Way For Ducklings."

I recently had the opportunity to, as I bought my nephew a copy of the book for his second birthday a few months back. But I didn't read it before sending it to Phoenix.

My loss.

As I was walking around the Public Garden yesterday afternoon (when it was gorgeously warm and sunny out), I captured this moment...


Peaceful. Beautiful.  It made me want to pick up a copy of the book and read it.

Instead, I downloaded a sample to my iPad and listend to Jake Gyllenhaal read it.  He reads it well. I imagine he's laying under a tree on a sunny day, reading it with his shirt off and his six-pack shining in the sun.

Swoon.

Anyway... In the story Mrs. Mallard finds peace and comfort in being in the garden and instantly knows this is a wonderful place to raise her family.

"I like this place," she says to Mr. Mallard.

Me too. Me too.

And now I feel the need to go out and buy my own copy of the book. Because I very much love this city.

Comments

Popular Posts