The Missus Human Barcelona.

I loved the movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona. In fact, my favorite Woody Allen films are the ones in which he does not appear. And my most favorite one is Match Point... Which is so eery, and very unlike Woody Allen.

Annie Hall? Manhattan? To Rome With Love? I freaking HATE those movies. I know... Blasphemy.

But to get back to my original point - I loved VCB. And since it came out like five years ago, I've always put Barcelona as one of those places "I must see at some point." And it finally looks like that time has come.

The Husband wants to go in the Fall! Yay!

We had been toying with the idea of finally going to Buenos Aires, but The Husband did research and found the best time to go there is in the Spring. So we're planning to do that next year. But for the Fall trip, he pushed for Barcelona. And now I find myself obsessing over the idea of going there.

I've never been to Spain. But if you saw this Barcelona Pinterest board I set up, you'll see I am a sucker for scenery and urban architecture.






I love ancient cities, with Rome being my absolute most favorite. I'm looking forward to seeing if Barcelona knocks it off the top of my list.

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you like old cities, you will love Barrio Gotico in Barca. Also, I have never eaten better food anywhere. Seriously. Even compared to Italy and France. One thing I can't stress enough is Googling pickpocket scams in Barca. It's the pickpocket capital of the world. I am a seasoned traveler, I live in NYC so I'm not rube, and I constantly had to be hyper-aware and vigilant in Barca. Almost became victim to the "bird poop" scam, and probably would have had I not read about it prior to my trip. I saw multiple people fall victim to various pickpocketing scams while I was there. Not violent crimes, mind you, but keep everything but a single credit card and cash you need for the day locked in your hotel safe. Other than that, it is an amazing city.
Me said…
Oh thank you for the tips!!!!
Anonymous said…
You're welcome! Be particularly vigilant if taking the Metro or walking along Las Ramblas - aka pickpocketers row.

Popular Posts