To The Jungle.

It's clearly a time for resetting some things in my life. Both Human and my friends all agree that some travel will do me some good to gain perspective on life, as well as allow me to focus on what I should be directing my energy towards.

Why? 

Well, I have been all sorts of overwhelmed for quite a while. And if those who know me best say I need to travel... Who am I to disagree with them? Hence, the reason I have booked the following trips:

  • Iceland
  • NYC (A quick trip to see Book of Mormon as well as - hopefully - Woody Allen's jazz trio)
  • Iquitos, Peru

The last one on the list is happening in late January. And may include a trip afterwards to Machu Picchu (still deciding). But it's the one that I am most excited about, and have been dreaming about for months now.



What is in Iquitos?

The jungle. It's the Amazon. And I am going to a retreat where there is no wifi and mobile service. And I will be spending seven days there. Seven days in a group with a shaman. Learning about the jungle and shamanism. Hiking. Swimming. 

A trip completely unlike anything I have done before! Am I crazy?

No... Just challenging myself.

Now to figure out which vaccines I will need to get...

Comments

Unknown said…
Pack loads of bug spray! :) Hope you have fun and find what you're searching for.
Alison said…
I know I'm behind, but I just read this... I went to Iquitos on an ayahuasca tour last June. It was the most amazing and transformative experience of my life. I'm likely going back this year, I'm thinking late spring / early summer... If you have any questions about anything (vaccinations, flights, ceremony protocol, etc.) feel free to contact me :) Enjoy every moment of the experience, it will likely have plenty of ups and downs, and it will change EVERYTHING!
Me said…
That's so great to hear, Alison! I'm looking forward to the Iquitos trip so much! And have wanted to take this trip for almost a year now. YAY!!!

Popular Posts