Demo Done! And Out Come The Spiders...

After being away in Phoenix for a few days, I drove the nearly six hours back to Encinitas... And instead of turning left and going to my rental, I turned right ad headed toward my home.

I wanted to check out the progress on the demolition.


The floors have been smoothed out...

And in the kitchen...


Wall elements have removed. THERE WILL BE LIGHT!!!

And speaking of "wall elements", I have the framework up in for my new bathroom...


It was amazing to be able to stand in the space that will be a new bathroom.


It felt bigger than I thought it would. My contractor told me, though, "It will feel much smaller when there are pieces in it." Of course!

Another thing that went up was the framework for my new closet...


Where there was a small hallway leading to the only upstairs bathroom now stands a skeleton for my new master suite closet...


It's so big!


I now have a sense of what kind of shelving can go in it.

It's coming along quite well...


I wanted to check out the backyard, even though it was dark out, to see how that demolition had gone. But when I popped the light on and opened the door, I was greeted by these guys...


SPIDERS!

Little baby spiders!  Over 50 of them!

((shudders))

I'm sure there are far worse creepy-crawlers that I could encounter as walls come down and dirt is dug up... But the experience of walking into the web still has me slapping my head and face at the slightest feeling of something crawling on me.

((shudders))

Comments

Popular Posts