Oh Yeah! I Live Near The Beach!

I was anxious to get back to work, after having traveled for so long. While disconnecting from employment responsibility was great, I was getting jumpy without the responsibility. 

I was so quick to jump into work (and am pleased with it so far) that I didn't take any time to enjoy a few days in my new city without working. Day one that I landed here in Encinitas, I began working.  And forgot all about the fact that I live near the beach.

I haven't been to the beach, which is just a 10 minute walk away, since mid July. Almost two months ago.

I drive past it. I see it. Every day. But I don't actually go to it. There just isn't any time.

So yesterday, at Sunset, I made time. And I wasn't disappointed...


It was so gorgeous.


I couldn't stop taking pictures of things. Even odd shapes in the sand...


This one, to me, looks just like an angel.

And the mist created off of the ocean, with the Sun reflecting on the cliffs...


Beautiful.

There was a ton of seaweed washed up on the sand. I ran across quite a few bulbs...


And there was even a "dragon" of tangled seaweed at one point...


The prettiest pictures, though, were of the water and the setting Sun.


I found myself wondering, "Why would anyone want to live some place where the Sun doesn't shine often?"

I learned my lesson on the opposite quite well. I am very much solar-powered.

Comments

Popular Posts