Podcasting: The Best of Joe Rogan. To Date.

For about a year and a half now, I've been a fan of The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE).



Yes. I have a vagina. Like Pumpkin Spice Lattes, fashion magazines, Tom Ford lipstick, and outrageously expensive sexy shoes... Love The Joe Rogan Experience almost more than a few of those.

(The exception - of course - being the Tom Ford lipstick. You can't top that, yet, Joe. Yet.)

I'm about ready to quit satellite radio in my car. I never listen to it. In fact, most days - when I drive the nearly 30 miles to work - I am listening to podcasts. Usually Joe's. But here are a few of my Other favorites:

Spinning Logic (A brand new one produced by my fellow ayahuasca enthusiast Jason Havey. Recommended listening: the Beatte Chelette episode, the Bryan Boice episode, the Patrick King episode)
Aubrey Marcus (Founder and CEO of Onnit. Aubrey is also a medicine plant enthusiast. And Jason works for him. He has become friends with Hamilton Souther - the founder of Blue Morpho in Iquitos, Peru, and has had him on the show a few times.)
WTF with Marc Maron (This one is pretty well know. He's a comedian who books some amazing guests on his show. I highly recommend the one where he interviews President Obama.)

But back to Joe...

His "casts" are typically two to three hours in length. And they are always excellent. Even the ones where he's focused on discussing UFC stuff. I know actually enjoy these podcasts in particular... Because it's all new to me. Dissecting the training, controversies, and tactics of particular athletes... It's fascinating.

This is because Joe is a no-bullshit, excellent interviewer. He's intelligent and curious. I feel smarter having learned something new with each podcast I listen to because he's researched and interviewed someone I never likely will.

And the best part - there really is no bullshit with his interviews. No softball questions. He doesn't intimidate... But he doesn't hold back on asking any question.

Every presidential candidate should do his show.  He has gotten 11 million listeners to hear his show. 

Now, if you're just now learning about the JRE... You have a lot of listening to catch up on. He produces podcasts pretty fast and furious, and has even been known to do them while on the road. But here are a few of my favorites from his archives:

  • Wim Hof - October 22, 2015
  • Ronda Rousey & Edmond Tarverdyan - August 31, 2015
  • Sue Aikens - October 23, 2014
  • Graham Hancock - September 18, 2014
  • Sam Harris - September 2, 2014
  • Neill DeGrasse Tyson - January 15, 2013

There are so many more... And I haven't even gone back to the beginning of his archives. But these are excellent listens.

Comments

Popular Posts