Going Rogue With My Training.

The day has finally arrived.  And, well... This has arrived...


My trainer went back to Australia. His visa ran out, which meant he had to return. So two weeks ago I decided that rather than pay a trainer to work with me, I'd start lifting on my own. Only I didn't want to have to go to the gym in my work building.

I'm over the luxury high-end gyms. 

The equipment isn't always the best. You have to "work in" between people who aren't even using the equipment properly.  (I swear to God... If I had to watch one more douche bag do shoulder shrugs on a squat rack, I was going to bitch slap them. I mean, the gym only had two squat racks to begin with... And you're taking up one of them to use just the bar to do shoulder shrugs?) And it's not well taken care of. Not to mention that no one seems to have the ability (especially the trainers) to put the equipment back into place when finished.

And I don't use cardio equipment. If I want to do HIIT, I'll go to an Orange Theory class. Hot yoga and lifting heavy weights is all I need. So I went to Rogue Fitness's website and made a sizable order... A squat rack, bar, olympic bumper plates, and adjustable bench.

It was a very heavy order. Which meant it had to be delivered via freight...


And I had to wait around all day for it, missing an evening yoga class.  But eventually it showed up. And it meant that I could I could finally get around to transforming this space...


My tiny garage. My car almost doesn't fit in it, which is why I don't park in it. It had already become a space for holding my kettle bells...


And now they would be getting some friends... Turning my little garage into an even more legit fitness room.

So I spent part of my evening unpacking every part while drinking a glass of wine and continuing the binge watch of Season Four of House of Cards that I had started earlier in the day...


Everything is unpacked now.  But not yet put together.  Baby steps. Baby steps.

Comments

Popular Posts