Skittles. Doritos. Diet Coke.

 Self-care is something that I innately deprioritize (or sometimes forget altogether) as I go about being helpful to others in life.

Meaning: When it's busy, who can remember to eat?

Or at least, eat healthy... 


This was my breakfast and lunch today. I grabbed it from the hotel shop between meetings at a conference. I had a handful of popcorn and a small bag of Cheez-Its for a snack while working on a report.

Water?

What's that?

I've been fueled on Diet Coke today. And not once did I manage to finish a can that I opened.

As you can see, it gets terrible when I am traveling for work. 

This is why I struggle with agreeing to travel.

I love the interactions and the things that get done while doing it.

But exercise, sleep, and nutrition...

My ADHD takes over and allows me to get distracted from taking care of myself. 

I'd actually been asked to travel last week and next week as well. But because I had already booked the trip I am currently on, I told them "sorry, can't." 

And no one gave me grief - for which I am so grateful. Because even this simplee few-days trip I am on is wreaking havoc.

I need water. And sleep. And vegetable.

Comments

Popular Posts