Chocolate and Beer.

Hmm....

You're thinking (probably) one of two things:

"Interesting combination. Why would anyone pair chocolate and beer?"

or...

"That's awesome! Why did I never think of that before???"

Even though I am not a regular beer drinker, I am in the latter of the two groups above. I can appreciate the individual flavors that beer is crafted from, and I absolutely love hocolate. The darker, the better.

What brought on this flavor combination sensation?

Well, as a Boston-based blogger, I go out of my way to sign up for e-mailing lists from local businesses. (This is a tip for other bloggers out there.) And some of the e-mail updates have super fantastic information in them.

This morning, I came to work and found one in my G-mail box from Temper Chocolates. (They run the really cute chocolate boutique near my apartment in the South End.) In this e-mail newsletter was a list of all the chocolate classes they offer in conjunction with the Wine Gallery in Brookline. One of the classes llisted was "Beer and Chocolate."

How cool is that?

The jist of the class (which is already sold out for January but still taking adds for the March 3rd class) is learning how to pair specific beers with specific chocolate flavors.

To lean more and sign up, visit the Temper Chocolates Events Web page.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You should check out Stout Ice Cream as well then my friend.

Herrell's used to make a wicked Guiness version and I know that JP Lick's does one with Sam Adam's Cream Stout these days.

All good stuff.

Popular Posts