Get Specific.

Today's card read "get specific" on it.

Turning down the alley-street into Downtown Crossing, I am finally protected from the icy wind that was chapping my face as I walked to work this morning, across the Common.

Strolling down the street, I peek into the Starbucks across from the hip-hop fashion store. The line isn't too long. (Which is quite different from usual. The line usually reaches out the door when I walk by in the morning.) So I pop in.

As I walk up the queue and place my order, ("Tall non-fat caramel machiatto please!"), I notice a glint of bronze out of the corner of my left eye. A girl standing, waiting for her coffee drink, is carrying what looks like a mini-version of the Chloe Paddington bag I have.

And, oh my God, it is so cute!!!

It's orange, and about a third of the size of my bag. At first, I wonder if it is a real Chloe Paddington, or a simply divine fake. I see that it has the sturdy gold knobs on the bottom of the bag (for keeping it raised on surfaces to protect it from getting dirty). It also has the leather tabs you hook the padlock through, hanging down. And the leather looks very rich and weathered; which is how the bags come.

I have to know if Chloe makes Paddington bags this mini. I must know.

So I go against the "New Englander" nature. I call out to her.

"Excuse me. Is that Chloe Paddington you're carrying?" I ask.

She flips the bag around. It is in fact a Chloe Paddington.

"I love it! " I tell her. "I have the large hobo version in dark cherry. But I've never seen them in a petite version. It's so cute!"

She smiles and laughs.

"Yeah," she says. "It's a great bag. Heavy. But I love it."

And she's not kidding. Those bags ARE heavy. About 3 pounds before you even put anything in them. Once I get mine filled with everything I need for the outting, it muct reach well over six pounds.

I have to find where I can buy the mini versions. They're so cute!

Comments

Kate said…
Hey Heather! It's Kate, a fellow blogger; we met the other night at the Fashion Week kickoff party! Cool site! When you have a sec, come on by TheDish and leave a comment! www.thedish.blogs.com

Cheers!
K

Popular Posts