You've Been Poked!

About 20 times today...

I had my appointment with the acupuncturist this afternoon. It went well. And I plan to go back very soon for a second treatment. Though, pretty much every experience I have had at Exhale Spa has been wonderful, which is why I keep going back. And now that I think about it, I have had quite a few treatments there in the nearly two years that I have gone there, including:

*Pedicures
*Core Fusion classes (not really treatments, but a good class)
*Facials
*Laser Therapy
*Microdermafusion (where you're skin is sand-blasted and ends up really soft afterwards)
*Peels
*Massages
*Acupuncture


The staff is always nice there. And when I went in today for some acupuncture, the acupuncturist got really excited about what the focus of the treatment was going to be.

"I never get to do that here!" she said. "People only ever come in here to focus on relaxation. At the health clinic I treat at occasionally, that's where I focus on XXXXXXXXX."

So that was a comforting start. She has done what I needed her to do before. And she was just excellent with the needles. They are so thin, I could barely feel her popping them in the skin in various places.

The last place, on Tremont Street in the South End, where I had had acupuncture done two years ago... The acupuncturist was good, but careless. My back felt better after two treatments. But I sensed each time that her mind wasn't really focused on treating me. She got a little aggressive with popping the needles in, and she even forgot that a few were still in the backs of my knees at the end of one session. So I stood up, not realizing they were there, until I went to go get dressed. Then I popped them out myself. That was when I decided I didn't need her help anymore.

But, again, today's session was good. I am looking forward to going back soon.

Comments

Popular Posts