The $14 Hotdog.

The Husband and I weren't able to get a table at The Butcher Shop on Saturday afternoon. We were there at 5:15pm, and there was already a full crowd there. So we went to Picco instead for pizza and beer milkshakes.

It was a delicious way to spend a birthday.

More importantly though, it meant that I would get two birthday celebrations!

Since we weren't able to get a table on Saturday, The Husband and I decided we would come back tonight. So after work this evening, we took the subway back to our hood and walked to the restaurant.

It was a yummy dinner. Check out my $14 hotdog!



It was really good. But I could only eat half of it. The Husband ate the rest of it, plus his own dinner of pasta.

I won't be craving hotdogs for quite a while. But I am sure I will go back sometime this year for one.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's a ridiculously big hot dog.
Me said…
Yeah... Thus why I could only eat half of it.
dga said…
Happy birthday. My wife's b-day was Sunday. We discovered some awesome thin-crust pizza at di Mio in Porter Sq. Managed to spend $60 at a pizza joint for the 4 of us, and we couldn't even finish the meal. Well, I guess that's because we ordered a 14" and an 18", both with rich toppings, as well as the "little" one ordering a chicken with fennel and caramelized onion panini.
That's a big dog, but I'd still prefer a SIMCO wiener in Mattapan. It is still a little chilly out, but the dog keeps me warm and the view of the train rumbling under the bridge is worth any inconvenience. Summer is coming and then it's hot dog season free and clear.
Annabelle B. said…
My mom loves those hotdogs, it's all she grills in the summer.

Personally I thought it was a deliciously suggestive photo, but then again I have no class :)

Popular Posts