Vessel On Tremont.

As I got out of a cab in front of my building after last night's dinner, I noticed the old Motley Home store was definitely no longer...



In its place is now a new store called "Vessel." Which isn't really "new," as there are other locations of it... But it is new to the space downstairs.

This is the third business in three years that I have seen take over this space. When I first moved in, a women's clothing store called "K Ko" was there. Then that closed and a year later it became "Motley Home"... Which I loved. Now, it is "Vessel," a another home product store.

I popped in there this morning after brunch. And they have some cute stuff. But I just don't know if it will do any better than Motley Home. Motley Home was great.

Also, I don't think it is a good omen that on its opening day, the letter "V" from the sign fell off.



It was off before the store even opened this morning.

UPDATE:
As The Husband and I were leaving for dinner this evening, we saw that the "V" was back up... But the first "E" and the first "S" had now fallen off the signage. This is a bad sign for the business.

UPDATE 2 (Sunday Morning):
Got up this morning and went out to get coffee. Saw that now, the second "E" had fallen. So now there's just the "V", the "S" and the "L" left. This can't be a good sign for business.

Comments

Popular Posts