A Lived-In Desk.

This is the cleanest my desk at home has been in a very, very long time.



I have company coming next weekend. So I spent a good deal of this weekend cleaning my entire house while listening to my Bikram dialogue on repeat. And now, my desk actually has some order to it.

Some.

Here is what is currently on my desk:
  • THREE laptops. (One I write on regularly. An old one I have movies on that I still like to watch. And a work one.)
  • One iPad, with All About Eve playing. I watch this most weekends when I work. Which is pretty much every weekend lately.
  • Glass of water with lemon. (Constant hydration!)
  • Noise-reduction headphones.
  • Bowl with sage branch. (Burned every weekend to ward off bad energy collected during the week due to stress.)
  • September issue of Vogue.
  • July/August issue of Elle Decor.
  • Paint card swatches. (Still trying to nail down the right shade of blue for the guest room.)
  • Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams fabric swatch from new couch. (For helping to pick the right shade of blue for the guest room.)
  • Brown leather journals I am taking to teacher training to write my notes. I will want to keep everything I write down. I wanted something pretty to write in.
  • White binder with laminated Bikram dialogue.
  • Reference books I will likely take to teacher training with me. (Wheels of Life, Bikram Yoga, Yoga Anatomy, Bikram's Beginning Yoga Class)
  • Sephora OPI Stregnthener Fortifiant.
  • Magazine subscription cards. (Magazines are more expensive up here in Canada. It is time to just subscribe to the five I read every month.)
This will probably be as clean as I can get this desk before I have a friend sleeping in my office next weekend. But at least she will have plenty to look at while she is in here.

Comments

t in hd said…
Is this the Heather Molina who used to chew her earrings up when she was four years old and banished to the corner? Parents S and E, siblings S, J & baby M?

The last time I saw you was in 1985. ;-) You were living where I'm living now (only we're civilian).
Me said…
It is indeed. Though I have no idea who you are.
Office desk said…
Your desk looks very good and clear as you have spent a long time to clean it. It's a good idea that you have a book of yoga and it is a good idea to stay healthy and fit both mentally and physically.
t in hd said…
Don't know if you remember me. You were awfully little back then. We lived in C2 and you lived in R2, in building 120 on Leighton Barracks. You all moved back the U.S., then came back and lived in Heidelberg, where we used to visit you. Our mothers were best friends (your mother must have the patience of a saint).

Oh, and you got our gerbils when we moved back the U.S.

Sorry, don't want to give names on the net. I use this login everywhere that I post comments.
Me said…
No worries. Mum and I figured out who this likely is. Hope you are doing well. And yes, she does have a lot of patience.
Documentary said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
t in hd said…
LOL! I kind of guessed you'd ask S and I knew she'd know who it was. I'm the older of the two. I'd love to hear how you all are doing these days. Last I heard, your mum was working as a 911 dispatcher, S had joined the military, married and had a baby and you were off to uni in NY. J and M were still at school. I hope you are all well. Strange seeing you all grown up now. Being an army brat, I rarely get to see how anyone from childhood "turned out", except for, of course, my sister.
Liveanoblelife said…
Shouldn't there be a coffee mug somewhere?
Me said…
LOL! If I had taken the picture in the morning, there totally would have been. Trying to be better about my coffee intake, since I am apparently intolerant to coffee.
Dan said…
Glass of water with lemon! That's how I go through life. Nice.

Popular Posts