Channeling Miranda Priestly.

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted some of my goals for the next five years?

Well, one of them was to become a "digital marketing thought leader." Kind of a broad statement. But I had to be vague. It was a combination of not wanting to jinx myself and trying to be quiet as things were in the works. What I really wanted to write was, "become a digital marketing vice president before the age of 35."

And now I am.

This is one of the reasons - the main one - why have not blogged much this year. Between doing the Bikram 101 Challenge, deciding to go to training and getting the blessing for the leave of absence... I was also busting my ass to prove that I was able to be the Vice President of the search marketing firm I work at.

With an executive title... This means I need to start living the executive life. I think that means:
  • Power workouts at 5:30am
  • Power breakfasts of power smoothies
  • Power suits are to be worn with power heels and powerful hair
  • Power lunches are to be taken, with rare steaks and steamed veggies
  • Powerful hot yoga will be needed at the end of most days to de-stress
  • And a powerful glass of red wine will be needed to decompress at the end of the day

And if I say "power" enough, I will actually be able to con myself into thinking I actually have some.

But for now, I will go to bed this evening with dreams of my new executive idol in my head...


Comments

CONGRATULATIONS! That's amazing news! :-D
That Girl! said…
Congrats Power Princess ;)
XOXO
This is funny! I love the Miranda Priestly thing;)
Mei said…
Congratulations on your promotion!

Bikram teacher AND VP! Woot!
Me said…
LOL! Thanks gals... Mei.. Yep, it will be an interesting resume I have... "Vice President" and "Certified Bikram Yoga Teacher."
bikramarian said…
Great work and congrats! I similarly have a potential career change in the horizon that I don't want to jinx. I'm slightly petrified of all the additional expectations that come with it, but you are fearless and I will take encouragement from that.
Chrissy D. said…
Amazing news! You are truly inspiring! Congrats.
Liveanoblelife said…
You F-ing rock! Now I want a meeting! muahahaha.
Allie said…
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Popular Posts