Sequined Uggs?

Granted, they're not as ugly as the "ChUggs"...



But Oprah Winfrey's "Favorite Things" list this year included sequined Uggs...


Or, "SqUggs," as I like to call them.

Really? I have to ask... Would you wear them?

I would not. I like Uggs. (Shh! Don't tell anyone!) But I don't own any now. I threw them out last year and switched purely to Hunters with Welly Socks in them. (I need something waterproofed. And Uggs with waterproofing didn't cut it.)

To me, Uggs are for mildly chilly weather. I wore fake Uggs in San Diego during Teacher Training. I bought them at Old Navy for $34. And they were perfect for the time there. But I threw them out when I was packing to come back home. They were just too trashed to bring back. And I knew I wouldn't be able to wear them up here.

If it didn't snow and get slushy in Toronto in the Winter, just remain cold, I would totally wear regular Uggs. But the SqUggs?

Them's just too fancy and "trying too hard" to be cool.

Comments

Arielle said…
Wow..those are awful. I would laugh if I saw anyone wearing those. And even if I got them for free (from Oprah, no less!) I don't think I could bring myself to wear them.
yeah I couldn't believe this was a 'favorite thing'. Uggs are offensive already, and where would you wear them?
Heidi said…
and here I thought oprah had taste for picking lululemon pants. Apparently...i was wrong.

those are just....offensive.
Anonymous said…
Yuk. That's all I can say.
Cara said…
Ok, I am going to go out on a ledge and guess that uggs are a California West Coast Thing? I LOVE uggs, and having size 12 feet I pretty much only wear uggs and flip flops, both year round. I did Buy the black sequin for work, I am a makeup artist and on set for 12-16 hours a day standing, so I thought it would be fun o have somhing a little more for work....Please don't hate me! lol
Me said…
LOL! Cara, Uggs are an East Coast thing too. Just not in Winter. We wear them in the early Spring and Fall. But once it gets rainy and snowy, we have to use something more water-proofed.

And I think yours is one of the few industries (entertainment) where Uggs make sense to wear. You NEED to be comfortable.

I didn't know they came in black. That's actually pretty cool.

Popular Posts