A Yogini's Gotta Look Good, Right?

Oh dear.

Being at Teacher Training (TT) is so dangerous for your pocketbook. Money just flies out the door, let me tell you. And the one thing I have seen it fly out the door for people with has been yoga wear. Or as we like to call it at TT, "yoga kit."

At TT, various yoga vendors sneak onto hotel grounds and set up shop in hotel rooms. The reason they do this is because they are not contracted to set-up an open booth and sell to us. So everything is done super-duper top secret... Always word-of-mouth...

Twitter:
OMG! Phat Buddha sell in room XXXX! Here till Sunday. You guys gotta check them out. Spread the word!

Facebook:
"Hey Missus! Do you know when Onzie is coming back to town?"

"Hey girl! They're going to have a booth at the comp. But Phat Buddha is in town. Room XXXX."

In the Lecture Tent:
"Yoga Bela is here! They're in the Regency Tower. Look at all this stuff they had! Love the prints! Room XXXX."

"Is Shakti going to be coming too?"

"Nope. They are offering free shipping here though."

"Ooh! Did you hear that Mika will be here next weekend?"

"Also, don't forget about the Bikram TT night at Lululemon in Lajolla on Sunday! You can get your 15% teaching discount early."


It is insane. I only purchased a few things from on-site clothing distributors... A pair of capris from the Bikram Boutique. And two pairs of Phat Buddha side string shorts. But last night, at the Lululemon Night, I went crazy. I picked up:
  • 2 pairs of teaching capris
  • 2 teaching tanks
  • 1 practice tank
  • 1 pair of practice shorts
  • 1 new yoga mat bag
My "teaching yoga kit" will be different than my "practice yoga kit." My teaching stuff will be nicer. And much less revealing. But when I practice? Shorts shorts and very open tanks.... Because it gets very hot.

I didn't spend as much as some people did. So I don't feel guilty. Plus, most of my current practice clothes aren't going to be coming back with me. They are just too worn out and smelly.

Time to start fresh!

Comments

Well, considering you have a new job ahead as a yoga teacher, it is only fitting that you have some new "work" clothes! :)
L.Z. said…
There is something satisfying about buying yoga clothes. Something perhaps too satisfying. :)
Yay for your new wardrobe!
bikramyogachick said…
oooh....how exciting to be planning your "teaching" outfits!
Big G said…
Awesome blog, I love reading about people at training!
Big G said…
Great blog, always fun to read about trainees!

Popular Posts