You're Not "Dramatic." You're Just "Creative."

A recent conversation between me and a friend over cocktails...

"I just don't understand how I keep falling into this cycle!" said the friend.

They had recently found themselves in a situation similar to previous points in their life. It was work-related, of course.

"It's not what I expected.  And I just don't think I can deal with the evilness that is around me much longer," they said.

I laughed. And laughed. And laughed.

"I think that's called 'real life.'  We all feel that way occasionally about jobs we've had."

"I feel that way all the time!" they said. "It is always like this! I'm sorry. I know. I am so 'dramatic'."

I thought about it for a second, and then told them I didn't so much see them that way.

"You not 'dramatic'," I said.  "I see you more as 'creative.'  And it's been said that 'creative people need something to rebel against'."

This made them feel better.  Because it's true.

I never see myself as 'dramatic.'  Always as 'creative.' Always.


Comments

OMG, brilliant! This is my new favorite quote. Evar. It not only fits some of my favorite friends, there are times when it fits me, too. Not dramatic...just creative. "and creative people need something to rebel against." Effing perfect. THANKS!!!

Popular Posts