I Really Just Don't Like Cooking.

I'm wondering if I really did... Or if it was just an expectation that I like it.

I love the idea of it. The creation. The styling. The tasting.

But when I have to think about doing any kind of food preparation effort in order to feed myself... I have no interest.

I'd rather eat nothing or order delivery. Or live off extra protein milk lattes...


And none of those are health options. 

"You could just do food meal delivery programs where they deliver a week's worth of food for you and you just throw it in the microwave."

I could. I have.

A lot goes to waste.

And I am not a fan of cold foods - even on the hottest of hell days in the Summer.

For example, it was 110 degrees today. I had a warm creamy corn chowder from Whole Foods that I picked up for supper last night... And ate the other half for lunch.

I like eggs. And will exert the 60 seconds it takes to make an omelet in a gently heated pan. But I loathe having to clean the pan. 

And one can not eat toast with butter and sea salt every day for every meal... Which is exactly what I would love to do. 

On days where my blood sugar drops dangerously low, I eat cheese and almonds. In fact, this is a great snack for bedtime to keep the blood sugar steady through the night. 

But I need more protein that those provide.

And I am over chicken. I cook it for George (my dog) each week to mix into her meals. Eating it everyday myself, though, makes me cringe.

Well, what's my solution?

I guess a fridge filled with sparkling water, extra protein skim milk, protein chocolate milk, almonds, and cheese. And eggs.

Everything else - even snacks - will go to waste. Even wine and dark chocolate (two things I have loved a long time) are wasted on me.

Can't I just take a pill each day that makes me feel like I've eaten and have energy?

Comments

Popular Posts