Roma Election Night Redo.

Am I possibly jinxing things?

Maybe.

But I regardless...

I have decided to go back to Rome for Election Night this year. A repeat of what I did in 2016, which ended so terribly.

Only this time - for the first time - I will be going back by myself. I will not be meeting up with friends in the city. I will not traveling with family. 

Just me.

In the same hotel I have stayed in for the past three visits. The Hotel Homs. Located near the Spanish Steps... I have booked myself into a Superior room with a balcony.

And I even decided to splurge on Premium Economy for the flight. How decadent! (For me, this is. Given that I fall asleep only moments after getting on a plane. It's a superpower.) I will be voting early, in October. Then I will be hopping a flight with one connection late on November 1.

My hope is to wake up on the 6th of November with news that things are trending in favor of whoever the Democratic candidate is. I will drink champagne and buy pretty flowers for breakfast.


And maybe even shop the Via Condotti.

And definitely a drink at the Hotel Hassler at Sunset. 

Possibly even high tea there. Or the St. Regis.

And lots of walking. 

Lots of sleep.

Lots of pasta. 

Lots of hope I don't return to The States in a complete bummer state like last time.

Comments

Popular Posts