"Shellac" Your Nails?

I am not much of a manicure person. Pedicures, I LOVE. Manicures? I like them. But they never last.

I get far, far more mileage out of a pedicure than I do out of a manicure. So I can justify spending money on a pedicure. But despite loving how my fingernails look when they are beautifully decorated, I just can't justify the cost too often.

Yet, it seems that there is now a product available which would make it far more justifiable...



I was reading the NYTimes today when I discovered an article about this product, which will be coming out in early May. Manicures that have been shellaced will last, in near perfect condition, for a few WEEKS.

I would be more open to manicures if I knew I could get a good month out of them.

I wonder if I could get a full nine weeks out of the manicure if I had it done right before Fall Bikram Yoga Teacher Training? Hmm...

Comments

I saw that and am soooooo into it. A manicure that lasts weeks, sign me up. Can't wait to try it!
April Elizabeth said…
I love it!!!

I had been toying with minx. I like the idea, that it stays on so long, but not the shiny metalness of it. Now I need to find it at a salon near me.
Rachel said…
It sounds nice in theory, but your nails can grow a whole lot in even three weeks. I feel like it would start to look sloppy after two weeks. Plus, that article says in many cases you have to have them professionally removed, and its an additional cost to the manicure, which can range from $30-$100! I'll stick with my $30 mani/pedi for now. But if you try it, give us a full report please! I would love to be proved wrong!
Anonymous said…
I got my nails done at Salon Catherine J. in downtown toronto. It wasnt expensive when you consider the fact that these last forever. Yea they say 14 days but that is because your nails start to grow out....my nails grow slow and im on my third week. They are better for your nails since you dont have to file them down liek you do for gel nails...AND they make my nails stonger if anything. And they only charge 5 dollars to take them off. So if you think about...spending 30$ on mani/pedi that lasts less than a week is not worth it. but shellac nails last a long time, even longer on your toes. and you never have to worry about chips. I even tried to prove them wrong by finding anything sharp and trying it out....nothing yet

Popular Posts