How To Turn "Archive" Off On The iPhone.

Annoying!

With one of the most recent software updates for the iPhone, you may have noticed a new feature in your Mail account... "Archive."

It's annoying. Absolutely. Instead of deleting emails, it "archives" them. But most of us want to actually delete the emails rather than archive them. I mean, they're trash. And you are trashing them for a reason. There's no need to keep them around.

However, it may not be intuitive as to how to turn off this feature on the iPhone. So here is my step-by-step process for turning off the "archive" feature, and turn the "delete" feature back on for your iPhone mail account.

Go to the "Settings" app for your phone.




Next, select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."




Then, click the account you want to adjust. In the example below, it's "Gmail."



Last, slide the bar next to "Archive Messages" to the "Off" position.



And voila! You should have your "Delete" feature back!

Comments

Jenn said…
Most annoying change ever! Thank you for telling me how to fix it!
Meaghan said…
Thank you! It has been so annoying lately to do searches in my gmail inbox because it pulls up everything I have "archived" (which I really wanted tossed!)
Jim Bond said…
Is there any way to make read emails NOT go into the archive? I can't stand having to go into "all mail" just to read emails I have read already.

Popular Posts