Yoga Stoned = Forgetfulness.

At the end of the day, when I am teaching the last class at the studio, I walk through both the men's and women's locker rooms to tidy things up and collect used towels. But rather than coming out with arms full of towels, lately I am coming out with arms full of goodies.

It seems that everyone is so "yoga stoned" after a class (which is the signal of a good class) that they are leaving some important things behind. Here is what I have collected in the past two weeks on my walk-throughs:
  • Water bottles (always at least three)
  • Yoga mats
  • Yoga shorts
  • Bras
  • Lingerie
  • T3 Hair Dryer (I have this same one. It's $200.)
  • Jewelry
  • Engagement ring
Seriously.

Last week we found a gorgeous engagement ring. The owner did call and come pick it up the next day. And the T3 I found last night. Expensive stuff!

We collect these things, put them in separate Lost and Founds (bottles on one place, clothes and hair dryer in another, jewelry tucked securely in another). Sometimes people think to ask if we may have found something they lost. But after a few weeks, the bottles and the clothes get donated to charity.

Don't let your yoga buzz make you forget your valuables, yogis! It makes my stomach drop to think of people losing the seriously valuable stuff.

Comments

Rebecca Raye said…
I've always thought how lucky it's mostly honest folks at out studio given how jewlery is left around. And unfortunately I do know a person who lost her favorite yogi outfit. It was never turned in and I can only guess someone is wearing it ... some place other than our studio!
Kat said…
I love your phrase "yoga stoned." I have certainly been that over the past month. I'm so meticulous about remembering my things to take to class but quite happily float out the studio leaving towels, shoes, shower stuff & water bottles behind!

Popular Posts