Yoga Stoned.

Every piece of yoga material I own (yoga clothes and towel) smells like the yoga studio. Even though I wash each piece after each class, I have been doing so much yoga that they smell. I may have to get rid of some stuff after my challenge ends tomorrow.

Yep, that's right. My third Bikram yoga 30-day challenge ends tomorrow, Saturday. I have just two classes left, today and tomorrow. And it is going to be great, because I am so "yoga stoned."

By "yoga stoned" I mean, after each class I am completely dazed. It's one of the ways you know you worked really hard in the class. You finish, and your mind is so exhausted that you jut sort of zone out.

About two weeks ago, I zoned out so badly after class, I left my yoga mat and towel just laying out. I left and went home. And once I got all the way home, I realized I had left them out.

Ahh!

That means that the teacher of the class had to touch my yucky, gross yoga towel and my disgusting mat. I felt so bad. But I returned later that day for a double class and apologized.

"That's okay," she said. "You were really in the zone after class earlier. It's how you know you had a good class."

I was grateful she was so understanding.

Now I am finding myself "yoga stoned" after pretty much every class. And it really messes with your mind. But Bikram yoga isn't just about a physical challenge. It's very much a mental challenge. It's awesome.

So I am looking forward to my last two classes in this challenge. Then I am taking Sunday off. I need a day where I don't get stoned.

Comments

Popular Posts