But I Even Bought New Shoes!

I did a lot of dating in my time. You know, back when I was single. I was a little bit picky when it came to potential suitors. But in all my dating I was never stood up. Never. Not once.

Then today, I got stood up. At exactly 6am this morning. Of course, when I say "stood up" I mean by my trainer.

For the past few months I have been getting up at about 5:15am every Tuesday and Thursday morning to meet with my trainer at the gym. I get there at about 5:50am. We work out from 6am to 7am.

This morning, I woke up at about 5am and thought to myself, "I bet she won't be able to make the session today." I don't know why I thought that, but I did. I knew nothing bad was going to happen to her, but I knew she wouldn't be able to make it.

Then, like usual, I get to the gym at about 5:50am. I pull a training voucher from the front desk so she can get credit for the session. Then I wait in the comfortable lobby area. I pick up the latest issue of Wired and flip to the last page... My favorite section... "Artifacts from the Future." I giggle. Then I start browsing the rest of the magazine. And before I know it, it's 6:05am.

By 6:10am, another trainer working the floor came over to me and asked me who I was waiting for... I told them and they went to go look for her.

I felt bad, because I knew she wasn't going to make it... At least that's what I kept hearing in my head. And I didn't want to get her into trouble. I didn't want to call attention to myself or the fact that my trainer had missed the appointment.

She wasn't anywhere to be found. And by 6:30am, I couldn't wait any longer. And I didn't have time to get in a workout by myself and still get to work on time. So I walked home.

While in the shower, the trainer called. She had overslept, which I knew was going to be the case. She's never done that before. And I know she won't do it again. She's a really good trainer.

But I am a little bummed... I bought new shoes to work out in.

Comments

Popular Posts