Bohemian Beads.

I was on a kick about two years ago with beading and making my own necklaces and bracelets.

Every Saturday or Sunday, I would head over to Beadworks on Newbury Street and scan through the hundreds of precious beads they have in the hopes of finding something I could put together a piece of jewelry with. I think I probably spent a few hundred dollars on beading equipment over a period of about three months. And I strung together some pieces that I still wear today that I am really proud of...

But even though I am able to make my own jewelry, I still have a fondness for pieces that come from shops. Not super expensive pieces... I am more into stuff that is funky, bohemian, eclectic and cheap. Like you find at H&M or even in children's stores... Or, like my co-worker E. is wearing today...

Super cute, huh? She bought it a couple of years ago in the Fanueil Hall area. It's red and orange beads string together in a double drop strand. It's a piece she should keep forever, because it will always be in style. And the red and orange colors are perfect for Autumn.

Comments

Popular Posts