"...Except When You Pee."

I got up early this AM to meet the trainer for our regularly scheduled training session.

She has progressed me to doing circuits now that our earlier efforts together were successful. (I have had about five different people tell me in the past week that I look like I have lost weight. I haven't. It's just been toned. And my face is thinner. No more bubbly-cheeks.)

With the circuits, I do many different things, one right after the other. So stepping up and down on a box, while using my abs to stabilize me. Then I do bend-overs on one leg about 15 times. Then I switch to the other leg. Then I do some curls. Some push-ups. Some lifts using my elbows. Some triceps exercises. Then I repeat the whole circuit.

It's pretty tiring. Stuff starts to burn. And the trainer always is asking me, like she did this morning, "How do you feel?"

And I said, "It burns!"

She replied, "It's always good when it burns!"

And I said, "Except when you pee!"

She laughed.

Which is so true. No one likes getting Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs). (That's the only thing I can think of that make it burn when you pee. Anyone know anything else? Aren't there STDs that do it too?)

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's one of those questions no one wants to admit knowing the answer to...

Take me for instance.

Popular Posts