My Style.

I finished reading Nina Garcia's The Little Black Book of Style. It was a brilliant, useful and quick read. All style books should get to the point like this one.

But after reading it, I began to assess what my style make-up is. This meant I had to think about what is in my closet. What I actually wear.

I have determined the following:
  • I am a mixture of classic, bohemian and preppy...
    • 10% Classic
    • 45% Preppy
    • 45% Bohemian
  • I aspire to have beautiful but, ultimately, low maintenance hair. (I like to "wash and go" and have it look "mussy." I used to straighten it every day. So NOT my style anymore.)
  • I love simple looks, if they are truly effortless.
  • I am always more about comfort than looks. (This kinda goes with the last point.)
I'll definitely do posts in the coming days that illustrate all the above components. But I have to tell you, Garcia's book is a "must-have." There are so many style books that are complete crap. But hers is definitely one of the best ones I have seen out there.

Comments

Popular Posts