Holy French Toast!

After my yoga class this morning, I made The Husband celebrate with me by taking me to brunch at Tremont 647.

Well, actually, I took us. I suggested it, and I paid. So I just made him join me.

When we sat down, I was eyeing the BBQ breakfast on the menu. It looked really good and included a lot of protein in it. The Husband said it would probably be "too big" for me, and that I should go for something more "delicate"... Like the french toast.

I pouted at that idea, and then agreed... Even though the BBQ breakfast also came with watermelon. (Which is the only kind of melon I like. I detest cantaloupe and honey dew.)

However, we underestimated how much french toast and Maine blueberry compote you get for $8.50 at Tremont 647...



Yes... That was what I received. Well, actually, that is what was left after I managed to get one slice of the french toast down. The Husband was appalled. He insisted on taking one of the three huge slices I got and tried to make his way through it, on top of his own breakfast.

That's all we got through though. I ate one slice and some of my fruit. He ate a plate of huevos rancheros and one slice of french toast.

The waitress thoughtfully asked us if we wanted to pack up the leftovers for a "snack" later. I don't know what the hell kind of "snack" a thick slice of french toast would have made. That would have been way grody.

Next time, damnit, I am going with the BBQ breakfast. Husband be damned. It would have been a more reasonably-sized portion I think.

Comments

Did you go on the day where everyone wears their pajamas? When i lived in the South End, my favorite brunch place was Metropolis Cafe

Popular Posts