What To Bring To Friends?

The Husband and I met with friends last night to hang out and drink wine. It was super fun, as this couple really knows their stuff when it comes to wine.

But since this was our first time going to their apartment, we wanted to bring them something nice as a "thank you." Normally, we would bring a bottle of wine for them to have whenever. But The Husband and I found ourselves quite self-conscious when it came to doing that this time.

I mean, this couple takes classes in wine. They blog about wine. They're so much more fancy and grown-up in their wine taste than we are. We couldn't bring them wine. Of course not!

So the dilemma was, "What to bring them?"

Eventually, I decided on a cute container of homemade granola I produced this past weekend at home and some flowers I picked up from Twig on Tremont. I'm never self-conscious about my cooking or flowers.

Comments

Chris Wight said…
That's cause your cooking is yummy!

I gave a bottle as a thank-you for a job referral to someone who is similarly into wine as your friends. I just looked for something over $30, that had won an award or two. He loved it, or so he says.

Just remember, it's a gift. You don't need to knock their socks off with your selection. These people love wine, so wine will always be a welcome gift.
Me said…
That's true. But it is always tough...

Thanks for the "props" on my cooking. I owe your lady my enchilada recipe still.

Popular Posts