Britney Spears: The VMA Performance.

Okay... Britney just did the opening performance for the VMAs. I have a question for you all...

"What the fuck is that?"

First, she lip synched. Now, I know, I shouldn't be surprised. But she was blatantly lip synching. And, she wasn't even lip synching well. It's almost as if she didn't even know the words.

Second, I hate the blue contact lenses she has been sporting lately. They look fake. But not in a cool way. She is trying to legitimately pass them off as natural. Ugh.

Third, she looked like crap trying to dance throughout the performance. She clearly hadn't rehearsed enough. The Husband mentioned while watching it with me, "Does she not know the dance moves?" And if he can spot that she looks like she doesn't know what the next step is coming up, then you know it's bad. (This is a man who likes to do a move he calls "The Lawnmower" when he gets "down" on the dance floor.)

Finally, she lacks her confidence. She used to know she was "the shit." It's clear, now, that she has no confidence in herself. The whole performance was just bad. The song is good. (But really, give a good beat some repeating lyrics, and it'll probably get some good air play.) But she lacked attitude in performance.

It was really painful to watch. Even more painful was watching the celebrities in the crowd looking up at her at the end of it and some not even clapping. I think for them, like with me, it took a few moments to register that the "train wreck" was done on stage.

Speaking of train wrecks... Sarah Silverman... I love you normally doll. But your material really sucks tonight. That's why no one was laughing.

I think the MTV awards shows are o-v-e-r. The fashion is usually pretty bad. Everyone performs half (if not fully) intoxicated. And often, the performances suck too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Here's a question - was it that she didn't know the dance moves or that she was just so damned uncomfortable wearing almost nothing while still sporting some weight in the midsection? I'm not dissing here - she has just had children although it looks more like party bloating. It was almost like she didn't want to move to much so she wouldn't jiggle anything. Maybe that's why she couldn't even accomplish the lipsynching. It was clearly taking all her energy to suck it in for all it was worth. She really needs better friends. I wouldn't let a friend leave the house looking like that let alone do a performance for the masses.
FashionCrissy said…
I couldn't agree with you more!! Britney's hair was horrible. She looked in good shape from the front but from the side...she was not hot. She looked like she couldn't wait to get off the stage. I feel sorry for her and everyone that had to watch.
Anonymous said…
Why is everyone acting as if she was this tall glass of talent to begin with?

Most of the TV talking heads seem truly shocked by her performance, which is ... kind of strange. It could be feigned shock, but I doubt a class in the Adler acting technique is mandatory for J-school graduation.

"You mean this Britney Spears chick, the one who croons under audio tracks during what should be live performances, is a paltry dancer with a soggy stage presence?"

Well ... yeah!
I think MTV sucks. :) I didn't watch the show, but I did watch clips of Britney on Today and MSNBC online the next day. I stopped watching MTV when they stopped playing videos. Oh well!

Popular Posts