Style Book: The Little Black Book of Style.

I am such a sucker for style books. Whenever a new one comes out, I will usually buy it. Style books and etiquette books are my two vices.

(Well, I actually have more than just those two, but that's for another post. And actually, I don't consider buying any and every style book that comes out to be a "moral weakness." Especially if I actually read and use the books.)

The latest book to be added to my style collection is Nina Garcia's The Little Black Book of Style.

For those of you not in the know, Nina Garcia is the Fashion Director of Elle Magazine as well as a contributor on the the show Project Runway.

I picked up the book, which came out this week, from Borders downstairs at lunch. I have read through the opening pages of the book and know I will LOVE it. Garcia talks about growing up as a child near the equator and how her parents influenced her view on fashion. (They were very fashionable people themselves.)

Flipping through the titles of the book's chapters, it looks to be a very promising read. Especially the chapter on "Insider Tips and Tricks."

I'll let you know how the read goes when I finish it tomorrow afternoon.

Till then, I leave you with these famous words...

"Fashion fades. Style is eternal."

Comments

Popular Posts