Classic Carrie Bradshaw.

Was just over at FabSugar reading and voting in a poll on how Sarah Jessica Parker looks in this picture.



It's from the set of the Sex and the City movie. And it is CLASSIC Carrie Bradshaw!

There were a few clueless people who voted in the poll and commented that the dress was tacky. But please people! You are obviously not big SATC fans if you don't know that Carrie was never a "safe" dresser... She was always the risk taker in the group. (There were a couple of episodes where both she and Samantha sported designer fanny packs! Ugh! But definitely risk takers!)

I love this outfit. The dress. The shoes. The gorgeous hair. I believe fashion is art. I don't limit myself to only appreciating pieces that I would wear myself.

Would I wear this outfit? Heck no! I could never pull it off. But I adore it on her. And those shoes are like licorice on her feet... Yum!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This has nothing to do with this post but I saw something and thought of you (weird eh? haha!)

http://mcphee.com/items/11735.html

It's a pirate stamp for toast (if you enjoy toast) I know you like pirates though!
Me said…
Oh that's awesome! Thanks Jen!

Arrrrr!
Anonymous said…
I am of the firm belief that you should never wear a flower bigger than your breast. Or, for that matter, your head.
Me said…
Oh I disagree... I think the flower really makes the outfit. It's art!

Popular Posts