Bikram Yoga Challenge: DONE!

Today was day 30 of my Bikram Yoga 30-day challenge. I am now done.

(Pause for cheers from those of you out on the Internetz.)

This was my THIRD 30-day challenge in less than a year. My first one was last October. then I did another one in January of this year. So that means in the past year I have done at least 90 days of 90 minutes of hatha yoga in a room that was at least 105 degrees with a humidity of 35%.

That's a lot of yoga. Especially when you consider that I have probably done another 40 classes on top of that this year (at least!). So for a good third of this year, I have done Bikram yoga once a day.

In this most recent challenge I did double up in classes once, and I took three classes at Bikram Yoga NYC's Flatiron district while on vacation. Most of my classes were done during the 5:30om class, after work. And now, I am finally able to thoroughly wash my yoga clothes a few times and get the smell out of them.

Also, I am able to color my hair again. And this afternoon, I went and got a facial at Exhale. (Clean skin!) Woohoo!

I am going to take tomorrow off from yoga, and go one Monday evening. My plan is to now go on Monday. Wednesday and Fridays. And then once on the weekends too.

It's so nice to finally be done.

There are a few people who go to this same studio who are just now starting an official 30-day challenge. I am so glad to be done though. I've been getting sick in the past few classes, whenever we do the floor exercises. I've begun really pushing myself in the standing exercises, and now I just seem to collapse when it comes to the floor exercises. I really tire out. So it will probably be good for me to have a day in between each class to recover.

But yay! I'm done, again.

Comments

That Girl! said…
Congrats on your 30 days! I'm very impressed. Sadly, only one morning at the Boston studio fits into my schedule these days. But perhaps one day I will aspire to 30 days as well!!
xoxo
Leah
fl
Melis said…
I just started my 30-day challenge a week ago, today is day 7 for me! I admire you for doing three a year, thats amazing. I am sure you must be in tip top shape year round thanks to bikram. I do hope to acomplish all my goals in this challenge. So far it has met all my expectations and I am getting so many rewards from my daily practice. I just hope I dont burn out.

Popular Posts