Balenciaga Arena Giant Envelope Clutch.

Hmm...

Normally, I detest the catalogs that I get in the mail. I mean, does anyone shop from catalogs they receive in the mail??? Why? Not when every thing's online... It makes ordering so much easier.

But I digress... Sorry.

So yesterday, I received a catalog from Barney's. It was a small flip-book of their luxury handbags for this season. And while most did not spark my interest, there was one, of course, that I immediately LOVED.

The Balenciaga Arena Leather Giant Envelope Clutch.



Now, I don't mind getting catalogs from Barney's. I don't mind it because it is one of the few stores where their website really isn't up to par. And perhaps that is for a reason. And of the few items they do have on their website, Balenciaga is not one of them.

In fact, you can't really find Balenciaga items for sale on the Internet anywhere. There are plenty of knock-offs available online... But not the real deal. Which is why I had to settle for giving you the poorly scanned photo above.

But the clutch is so divine. I wonder if it comes in red... Hmm...

Comments

That Girl! said…
Hah, I meant to only do my "usual drive by" and just check in your site but this made me want to comment.

I got the same catalog and drooled over pretty much every single bag. But my issue is that each and every item was at least a few thousand dollars. I know "it" bags are expensive but I dunno, I feel like it's gotta a little bit more out of hand, in terms of price lately.
Me said…
It TOTALLY has gotten out of control!

This clutch is $945... Which is a lot for a clutch. But compared to some of the other bags in the catalog, this one was cheap. I like bags with personality. But there are somany bags out there that just don't have any.

Believe it or not people, I have only purchased four new bags in the past two and a half years. There have just been too far and few between bags with personality that I have had to have.

Though this clutch is slowly becoming one of them.
That Girl! said…
I have to agree with you that a bag with personality is sometimes well worth the splurge. Especially b/c bags are true and lasting statement pieces. I just wonder when the pricing will finally hit a ceiling. I feel like jeans have done that. I know of brands that are easily a thousand bucks for one pair but I feel like women's general view is anything over $280 is too much.

Oddly enough men's threshold for denim pricing is much higher...maybe b/c they aren't coveting all the bags in the new Barney's catalog :) (pure fashion crack!)

PS...have I ever told you that I adore your personal style quite a bit? well I do!

Popular Posts