Saturday In The City.

I woke up Saturday morning at about 6:30am. I got dressed in my yoga gear and headed outside the hotel. (Speaking of the hotel... I didn't realize that the U.S. Open was going on in town right now, because I don't follow tennis. And I guess a lot of the people involved with the Open are staying at my hotel.)

Anyhoo... My yoga class didn't start until 10am in the Flatiron district. So I grabbed a smoothie from a shop downstairs and walked all the way downtown. Once I hit Union Square I meandered through the farmers' market... And got so depressed.

The Union Square farmers' market is awesome. It's one of the things I miss most about NYC. The farmers' markets I have access to in Boston don't even compare. (Seriously, have you been to Haymarket on a Saturday morning? That place is SKETCH. The produce is AWFUL.)

At the Union Square market, I got to see a great variety of produce... Exotic garlics... Purple peppers... Gorgeous flowers... Wine samplings... NYC-made honey (made on the rooftops here in the city!)... It was before yoga class, so I couldn't eat anything. But the sites were so beautiful.

Eventually, I made it to yoga class. This session was taught by a guy who knows the owners of the Boston studio. He was a solid teacher. VERY CHALLENGING... He liked to hold poses a little longer than I am used to. Especially triangle.

After yoga, I headed back to the hotel and showered. Then I found the nearest Taco Bell, which was just around the corner from my hotel (hallelujah!), and had a quick bite.

The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping and walking about. Later in the evening, The Husband flew into town and joined me. He wasn't originally going to... But I called him Friday and asked him to come up.

We went to dinner at a really great Mexican restaurant around the corner from the hotel. (Not Taco Bell.) Then we walked to his old neighborhood (near the U.N.) and then went to a Kip's Bay theater and caught "Super Bad." (Which is a HYSTERICAL movie that you MUST see.)

After that, it was back to the hotel to watch late night movies and listen to a gaggle of girls in the room next door giggling till the "wee" hours.

The Husband kept insisting there must be a skimpy pajama party going on in there, complete with pillow fights... I told him to "keep dreaming."

Comments

Popular Posts