Simply Vera: Simply Not Worth It.

I learned one thing a few years back... Vera Wang wedding gowns, although beautiful, were complete pieces of crap.

When you hear about a bride having to get stitched into her gown moments before she walks down the aisle because it has fallen apart, that keeps you from ever wanting to try the brand.

So I learned, "Vera Wang... Beautiful pieces to look at. Horrible quality and construction. Unless she is doing it personally for you."

But, despite having been soured on the wedding line, I was actually looking forward to her mass production low-end line launching at Kohl's this week called, "Simply Vera." The previews of the piece I had seen looked really cool. But it wasn't until the pieces had launched on the website that I was able to get a close-up look at the quality. And all I have to say is...

"Yuck!"

The one piece that I liked looking at the most was this adorable long textured coat.



But when you look up close at the piece, you see that it isn't lined. It's a $128, and it isn't even lined? What?



Also, the stitch of the knit is really immature looking. Very thick. Not quite sophisticated.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine low-end piece... But not at the price they want you to pay. I would reprice it at $65.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree with it simply not being worth the price. It was a bad attempt at jumping on the discounter bandwagon with designer collaborations. Kohl's needs a better product development team to make it work. My friends were going out and spending a hundred bucks on a fake leather hobo that I may have seen at walmart for $30. No logo included in the chunk of change at Kohls. I hope they get it right next time

Popular Posts