Karta: Polyester Chic?

Hmm...
I understand the importance of medium when it comes to being an artist.

Some prefer to work with water colors. Some like sculpt with adobe clay. I've even seen art where people use blood. (Eww!)

But when it comes to fashion (you know, the "art you live your life in"), it's equally as important what fabrics you use. Not all designers can maneuver the delicate threads of silk. Some prefer organic cotton with it's "all natural-ness." Others like wools and cashmeres. But one fabric I do not get is polyester.

Polyester, while easy to care for and durable, is a crap fabric. You can't breathe in it. And if you're going to pay a lot of money for something, your body should be able to breathe in it. So, I don't get why Karta makes polyester dresses that cost $400+ a piece.


It's a cute mod design. But $410? For polyester? Give me a break! No way! That's insane!

Comments

Luxual said…
Polyester for 400$..that is just insance.

Check out my blog if you wish for some great eco-designers:
http://luxual.blogspot.com/search/label/Eco-Designers
That Girl! said…
I try to stay away from commenting on anything here except jeans and yoga, but I have to agree. $400 is quite a sum of money for something that is only poly...perhaps it's silk or fur lined on the inside?

Popular Posts