Making Marshmallows.

A co-worker of mine begged me to make marshmallows for her on my day off yesterday. I had been talking earlier in the week about how easy it is to make them, and she asked me if I would make some coconut flavored ones for her.

Here is a step by step demonstration of how to make them. I use the Barefoot Contessa's recipe for making them. It's super easy and really yummy.

Mix gelatin and water.

Dissolve corn syrup, sugar and water in a pot.

Sprinkle sifted powdered sugar in a GLASS baking dish.

Boil stove mixture to 240 degrees.


Pour stove mixture into gelatin bowl.

Beat the mixture for 15 minutes...

... Till very stiff and gooey.

Then pour in vanilla and coconut flavorings and mix a little more.

Pour into the powdered pan. Sprinkle more sifted sugar on top. Let sit overnight.

Next morning, flip out on cutting board and cut into desired size pieces.
After cutting, sprinkle more powdered sugar on the sticky sides.
They are really good. And the recipe is very, very easy to follow.

Comments

bonbonagogo said…
where's mine? i have my graham crackers and chocolate all ready to make s'mores.
Anonymous said…
They were great! Thanks for the recipe!
Anonymous said…
I made marshmallows as part of my office holiday gifts a few years ago. I glass etched with snowflakes a clear glass mug from IKEA (cheap!!!), made my own hot cocoa mix and a few homemade marshmallows in a baggie along with a note. The gifts were a BIG hit!

I used tiny cookie cutters to cut the marshmallows into stars! Very cute! I got huge raves over the gifts!
Me said…
Amy! That is GENIUS! It has never occured to me to use cookie cutters to cut the marshmallows into shapes!

Great idea! Thanks!

Popular Posts