The End Of An Era.

Tis a sad day.

My McQueen Hero Upright carry-on (you, know... The Ribcage) broke on route to the airport.

I had to toss it.

To be fair, it has been broken for a while. The stick handle that pops out wasn't working properly about 5 trips in to getting it. And today, while rolling it into Pearson airport, the handle snapped off.

(Sound of hearts breaking.)

I kept it with me going through security. I had a brief hope that it would be fixable upon further examination.

It was not.

Handle snapped off. Even super-strength carpenter's glue would fix it and make it pretty.

I tossed it at one of the restaurants here in the airport, after going to the Roots store and buying a $40 bag to get by with for now.


So another thing to add to my lengthy to-do list: But a new stylish carry-on.

Such is the life of the executive... Always rushing somewhere, trying to do it stylishly. You're bound to have a fail at some point.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, it was a sad day..there was a major earthquake and a tsunami...
Anonymous said…
Yes, it was a sad day..there was an earthquake & a tsunami. Sorry about your suitcase.
Anonymous said…
Yes, it as a sad day...there was an earthquake & a tsunami.. Sorry about your suitcase.
Me said…
I know! Scary stuff. And with the nuclear power plant seeing temps go in adverse directions... You know radiation is leaking.

My thoughts are on this. Despite being incredibly busy... Hiring people, adding to the Canadian economy by developing a product line that didn't really exist here... And having to go out there and sell new business by traveling ON MY WEEKEND to Montreal to speak at a conference (which I am honoured to do), I do manage to find time to keep up with current events.

I am a super woman. And on top of a lot of shit.
Dan said…
Yeah, that's a bummer. Old bags are like old friends. They've bounced around airports, the T, the commuter rail, random pizza parlors and coffee haunts. They're part of our scurried lives and the first thing we toss down at the end of a long day.

Popular Posts