Healthy Dish For The Weak: Brain Latte.

I love listening to he Joe Rogan Experience podcast. No only have I cut the cord with cable, I've also cut it with satellite radio. Podcasts and Pandora are what I listen to on my commutes.

Anyway... Enough bragging about that. 

One of the sponsors of the JRE podcast is Onnit.  They create and sell all kinds of awesome supplements and tools to create an epic and strong body. And one of the supplements Joe Rogan always mentions is Alpha Brain.


It's a nootropic and used for brain function. Keeping you alert, with good memory.

I know someone who works at Onnit. And I messaged him last week, whining...

"Wah! Why can't you guys make Alpha Brain in a liquid form? I can't swallow pills!" I demanded.

He wrote back and said that he actually uses two of the powdered capsules in a coffee-based smoothie each morning.

"I call it my 'brain latte'," he said. "It's honey, almond butter, coffee and two opened capsules."

So I ordered. Some, and went to Trader Joe's to pick up the rest of what I would need.



I made 16 ounces of coffee, and threw the opened capsules' contents, a tablespoon of almond butter and a teaspoon of honey into my blender...


Just like with Butter Coffee, it was smooth and creamy looking...


It smelled so good being poured. It was the almond butter....


I tossed some back in my favorite coffee cup...


It was delicious!

It's now how I start my weekday mornings.

Comments

Popular Posts